Thursday, September 3, 2009

I decide to drive close to the border.

Traffic was horrendous in the Valley.
I couldn't get on the 101 or the 405, so I had to take the Sepulveda pass all the way past Santa Monica Blvd. I forgot which on ramp I took to get on the freeway.

I ate at Angelo's Hamburgers (but they have a lot more than hamburgers) in Oceanside. Angelo has three restaurants in very close proximity: one on the west side of PCH and 2 on the other side... or is it the other way around?

It was pretty clear and cool going all the way down, and I forget where I got off, but I got gas somewhere in San Diego. I took my sweet time. Then I went back on the freeway going south on the 5 all the way to the last USA exit on the 5. There was a sign that said, "Entering Mexico" just before I got to the border. I was still in the United States, but I didn't go under the sign that said "Entering Mexico."

I never knew there was an 805 freeway! I wondered where the heck does it go? I didn't get on it because I didn't know where it was going to take me. I wanted to return home.

I know there was going to be the last USA exit. I didn't know where the 805 would take me.

I decided not to take the 805 because I didn't feel like experimenting. I wanted to take the 805 but I was worried of where I would end up. There were many places I could have stopped at on the way, but I wanted to stay focused on my goal of going as close to the border as possible. My second goal, obviously after that was to enjoy as much of the coast highway as I could find.

No comments:

Post a Comment